Hello Crafty Friends – Annie here with a fun project.
You can make this in about an hour or less.
These mini note pad holders are perfect to add to a gift basket or just as is.
So, Let’s begin the project. – I like to break it down into a few steps.
1. Stamp the images (which are layering bird, leaves, branch and flowers). Fussy cut them. Then, Stamp the sentiment on a banner shape. Set them aside while you work on the cover. Next, trim the 12″ x 12″ White heavyweight card stock into 3-1/2″ x 11-3/4″. Save the remaining card stock for another project.
2. let’s score the cover for our note pad. Using a scoring board or a trimmer channel – using the bone folder – score at 5″ & 5-1/4″. Then at 10-1/4″ & 10- 3/8″. Next, crease the score lines – using the bone folder.
3. Apply a bit of gesso to your cover. heat set or air dry (I heat set). Then, spray some Heidi Swapp Color Shine, Tim Holtz Distress Stain Spray. Heat set to dry.
4. Adhere the pad into the cover. Place adhesive of choice on the back of the note pad and the creased section of the cover. I added an extra piece cardstock to the inside of the cover as well as to the bottom closer. Press firmly.
Next, push on the crease to the top of the note pad really sticks to the cover. I use the bone folder to press it. Plus it will give it a nice crisp look.
5. Now, Adhere the branch to the cover. Then, the larger flowers. Followed by the leaves and the smaller flowers which I added a bit of foam adhesive.
Next, adhere the bird to the branch having the back leg touching the branch. Then, add the sentiment onto a banner and adhere to the bottom flap.
6. Now, for the closer – I peel off one Velcro tab and center it onto the other – stacking them. The Velcro has strong adhesive this is why I only expose one side first – I then center the Velcro stack onto the lower tab – press in place – then remove the remain plastic backing and press the lower tab closed.
Finally, Add a few embellishments. I added a few sequins at the top left and by the sentiment. I added one to each of the flower centers.
Now, your Mini Notepad Holder is complete!
You can Modify this tutorial using a masculine design and colors.
Thank you for stopping by the blog today. I hope you found some inspiration!
Are you on social media? We are! Please join us on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook? so you don’t miss any fun promotions or new challenge announcements!
Please join us in this month’s “Anything but a Card” challenge for your chance at a free digital stamp set AND, if you used Hero Arts or Sugartree Stamps, a $20 gift card to our etsy store. Our current monthly challenge can always be found in the menu bar, and runs from the 1st to last day of the month
The a2z scrapbooking store carries a wide variety of Hero Arts products as well as a nice selection of digital stamps! Get discounted new releases, sales, grab bags & more. Proceeds from our store benefit Celiac & Behcets disease foundations. Use my discount code insert your code here to get 15% off your purchase of $25 or more. If you’re looking for a Hero Arts product you don’t see in store, use the Request Custom Order button from with-in the shop.
Hero Arts Stamp Layering Bird and Branch CL866
Heavy Weight Textured White Cardstock
Dollar Tree Mini Notepad
Sakura Metallic Gelly Roll Pen – Gold
Heidi Swapp Colorshine Gold
Tim Holtz Distress Spray Spiced Marmalade
Recollections Brand Purple cardstock
Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks: Victorian Velvet, Shaded Lilac,
Wilted Violet, Blueprint sketch, Tattered Rose, Worn Lipstick,
Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Gathered Twigs, Squeezed Lemonade
Doodles Paper Playground Sparkle Blend: Sunshine and
Birthstone Collection: February Amethyst