Hello crafty friends, Martha Lucia here with you! As you know, I love the digital cutting files of Hero Arts because they are exclusive and totally beautiful! You can only find these in our store a2z scrapbooking supplies, but I love to combine the digital with the real stamps and today I am sharing a card that I made using this combination. Take a look at my card:
In this card I used basic black card stock for the base and the second layer. I cut the Hero Arts Feathers Digital File over the second layer using my cricut explore but you can use any electronic cutting machine because the Hero Arts Digital Files comes in dxf, svg, png and jpg file formats, compatible with most cutting machine software – you just need to check your software specifications to be sure it can use one of these formats.
After I cut the Feathers the process was very simple:
- Cut a piece of whisper white to cover the window created by the feathers.
- Ink this piece with your favorites colors of distress ink. In my simple I used Seedles Preserves, Ocean Salty and Peacock Feathers.
- Paste the inked piece over the base of the card.
- Stamp a sentiment over the black layer using Versamark and White Embossing Powder. I used a sentiment from the Celebrate Tag Stamp & Cut by Lia Set.
- Paste the black layer using dimensionals and decorate with two Crystal Drops in coordinating colors.
Simple and fun to create! And the best part is that I have three feathers left over that I cut to use for another project!
I hope you enjoy my project and it inspires you to use the Hero Arts stamps combined with digital files. On a2z Scrapbooking Store you will find a lot of options of digital files that you can combine with stencils, stamps and other embellishments. AND if you’re shopping, be sure to use the code Martha15 to receive 15% off your purchase!
See you again soon, take care!
August 28, 2016 at 8:58 am
Wow this is stunning Martha!!
August 28, 2016 at 2:29 pm
Martha, this is gorgeous! Love your blending for that feather backgrounds. Fabulous!
August 28, 2016 at 2:51 pm
lovely card, great colors!
August 31, 2016 at 8:08 am
I love this card Martha!!!